M&M Angle Seat Piston Valve
M&M International Piston Actuated Valves are manufactured in Italy, using materials of the highest quality.
Piston actuated valves use an external control media to pilot the actuator, where a piston valve connects directly to the main seal that closes onto the orifice, controlling the flow of liquids and gases.
M&M International Piston Valves are highly recommended under these conditions:
- The media contains dirt particles
- Highly viscous media (up to 600 cST (80°E); 1 centistoke = 1 mm2/s)
- High flow volumes
- High temperatures
- Damp environments or hazardous locations
There are four Piston Actuated Valve variations;
A modified PTFE has become the main seal material used in M&M Piston Actuated Valves since 2004, when it replaced the original PTFE material seal.
The modified PTFE seal provides the following benefits over its predecessor:
- Lower porosity and permeability
- Fewer void spaces
- Higher elasticity
- Reduced deformation under load
- Better chemical resistance to controlled media
- Smoother surface and improved design flexibility
The standard bonnet seals consist of 2 ‘V’-shaped FKM gaskets and a package of 25% graphite-filled PTFE gaskets.
Piston Actuated Valves for High Temperatures
M&M can offer a range of Piston valves capable of working temperatures of up to 200°C, providing that the valve pressure limits are not exceeded.
The main differences, in regards to the materials in the design, are as follows;
- A change of the actuator material: From standard PA6 to PA66 filled with 30% fibreglass
- All valves with DN > 25 with fixed plug design (to withstand turbulence caused by steam at high speed)
- Special design of bonnet chevrons, all are made of 25% graphite-filled PTFE.
10 Reasons to use M&M Piston Actuated Valves
If you think V-Flow can help you then please contact us:
Telephone: +44 (0)1234 855888
Fax: +44 (0)1234 857775
V-Flow are the experts of flow control.
If you have a problem with flow control, we will find the solution.